Sunday 12 May 2013

Task 3c Sources of information


Task 3c
Lesson Plans

We use weekly lesson plans throughout the practice in which I work, this source of information is something that everyone relies on, although we may adjust them on a daily basis when we are in the in the action of using them depending on the reflection of previous lessons or how well the lesson is currently going. 
The lesson plans also tell us what resources are needed, in theory this may be the job of the teacher assistant to get ready, but that is not always possible unless the teacher has planned the time in, as the teacher assistant often has other jobs to do or the lesson has changed. Often it may be getting resources together on the day, this maybe a joint task between teacher and teacher assistant or the teacher may get them her/his self. Because they know what resources they need if they have planned the lesson. Previously when working with a different teacher, the teacher would log the resources/jobs she needed and when she needed them by, which did give me time to plan them into my day.  

When covering a lesson I may need to get resources ready on the day if time allows or use whatever is to hand especially if this is at short notice, this would also apply to supply teacher. The dynamics and foundation of a lesson plan has now changed, because the teacher who planned it, is no longer teaching it. This may have some bearing to Connectivism. The internet, having a good source of readymade resources in the classroom, on the spot behaviour management which should include ways to engage, extra rewards for the most challenging class.

My daily lesson plans for booster groups this may depend on the intervention being run. Rapid Writing intervention programme has its own lessons plans which I follow. It often focuses on short-term memory that impacts on the long term memory.  Over the course of the programme I have seen the short-term memory increase; I would have to look at their books in class and improvement in levels to see the long-term effect. The foundation of the lesson changes if a child is away and if the lesson space is being used for something else. The think pair share and group discussion also changes the foundation of the lesson because the children may know more or less on the topic, this would impact on my questions. Often I would run in the direction the children were taking it, if the children understood the topic and were naturally extending, I would also level up my questions. However if a few of the children didn’t understand because their level of experience and understanding was lower, I would then have to breakdown words, meanings and relate things to an environment that was more familiar to them. In addition my questions would be more simplified and broken down, but also allow for them to develop cognitive thinking skills.

The Rapid Maths intervention programme also had its own lesson plans, but I had to adapt more because the foundations of the needs within my intervention group had rapidly changed. Some children had rapidly improved, changed school, new children started or had been away. In addition although the programme considers the VAK learning styles it doesn’t necessary consider the multiple intelligences and an element of behaviourism.  Because although rapid repetition works for many children, it also causes some children to lose interest, sometimes these children need more of an applied (live) and at times to be a bit more competitive.

My one to one interventions at my previous practice, I was often given a brief objective to achieve by the SENCO. However I was freer to adapt to the learning needs and style of the child. E.G Introduce mind mapping, could create a comic, a spin off story from Harry Potter, use Photoshop, could go outside and play football then write a sentence, reflect and write a brief recount on Tag Rugby, use a music instrument to help notice the difference between a long and short sound, reflecting on phonics etc... Having now taught and run  the Rapid Writing programme, I believe I could improve my one to ones and pull ideas from the programme and blend them in. 

My practice also uses short, medium and long term planning. As an individual I use this sort of planning like the practice in which I work, but it wouldn’t be neat and typed up on the computer. It is rougher because the foundations often change. However I do see the benefits of typing it up, creating a visual and mind map plan. So this is something I may start to do. In terms of learning how my practices uses and applies short, medium and long term planning, I am very much a beginner although I have considered its effects; this is an area I would like to learn more about.

Club plans

adding soon

Data – levels – child action plans

adding soon
Diary

adding soon

My Journal

adding soon

Whiteboard in staff room

adding soon
Email
 adding soon

Teacher Assistant folder including Feedback notes
 adding soon


Internet
 adding soon

Displays

adding soon
Newspapers

adding soon
Working Wall (mood board)

adding soon

No comments:

Post a Comment