Thursday 2 January 2014

6c Award Title

Ba Professional Practice in Learning and Teaching, in Primary Education

As I have written on the Award Title form

At first I started to build and debate my award title based upon Graphic Design, which my High National Diploma is in. I started to think about Design & Technology, in which Graphic Design comes under and my ‘inquiry’ which does have some connection to Design & Technology. Design & Technology is also more understood as a name or term within in a primary school. I have also done an Access course in Art & Design, which I also engage with, in a primary school. I also run an afterschool Creativity Club, which is project based and cross-curricular, however the club also develops learning and the delivery of my teaching.  Furthermore I also teach and support a variety of needs and subjects, including Mathematics and Literacy. In addition to this I have worked in a primary school for the last 7 years as Teacher Assistant, this also includes some supply work in different primary schools. I also want to go on to do a PGCE in Primary Education 

This then started me to think more of the term ‘Creativity’ in a Primary Education, because I felt this reflected my inquiry and what I wanted to do. However I wasn’t sure, so I bounced the idea of Alan and he suggested. Learning and Teaching in Primary Education, as he felt ‘creativity’ was too focused on my overall studies. On reflection I would have to agree with him, which also made me think of what BA stands ‘Bachelor of Arts’ and with this in mind I think ‘Ba Professional Practice in Learning and Teaching, in Primary Education’ is suited to me. (Bernadette Howlett (2013)

Bernadette Howlett (2013) Award Title Form 02/001/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment