Sunday 9 February 2014

Module 3 - Getting Started

Feeling like I lost some of my stride because we haven't actually got our results back. I keep feeling there is something missing or that I haven't finished something, although the feedback from Alan has been helpful. I think I was probably a little hyped up for the 3rd Feb and ready to go, but then the batteries went flat and needed changing. Although I am starting to move forward now in this module and have a sense of direction. I still feel like I am in Limo Land floating in the air at times and won't actually come back down to earth fully until 25th February 2014.  I know, having the results back late shouldn't make a difference, but it does a little bit. But! On a much more positive note I now have two things to look forward too, because the school I am a Governor at was Ofsted and I have to wait for the result of that too, so the 25th February now feels like 25th December, although the results of Ofsted inspection maybe a little later.

I am currently in the process of organising my primary research and getting it running, E.G, club projects and questionnaire etc... I will reflect more on module 2 and feedback etc...and blog my inquiry.
In addition I am starting to become more conscious of my inquiry/project whenever I am teaching a group or covering a class, although I haven't directly linked this with my inquiry.  I also feel my reflection in-action is starting to increase naturally. I also realised, as I am the main participant within my inquiry (as it is about improving my practice), I could have used many elements of my job for my primary research. When I think of creating an Artefact, I get a couple goosebumps down my arm, I am not sure 'why?' Because the task does involve writing a few thousands words, perhaps its the word 'Artefact' that makes me think I am going to be creating something special. I don't know! I am looking forward to all coming together though.

No comments:

Post a Comment