Thursday 7 February 2013

My first blog

Induction Day 5th February 2013


As I work in a school and often work with a group of children I was a little fascinated with the way Paula used the word ‘pause’ in a group discussion, because I felt the softness of the word and thought I might use this in a social skills group.  I also felt the warmness of the room and the people around me, as soon as I entered the room even though I was running a little late.

Occasionally I did feel myself waffle on unsure if I was saying the right thing, even though I have a strong idea the direction I want to go and what interests me. However the surrounded positive vibes, the tutors and whole induction day did reinforce what I thought the course entailed and answered the few the questions I had. Looking forward to blogging and networking.

Really enjoyed the day, and felt upbeat when I left. 


3 comments:

  1. Bernadette welcome to the programme! Bw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bernadette, good to see your blog is up and running. I have just done the same scary though! Its lovely to know that you have been inspired by paula's use of words. I felt a sense of warmth too which was very comforting especially a first day at university. I think we all felt like we were waffling on lol! It was a very posotive vibe and atmosphere which we can only build apon now the foundations have been made! Here's to more upbeat blogging. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernadette,
    Hope your well. It was nice meeting you the other week. I thought you had a lot of interesting things to say. The work you do is completely different to me but it's nice hearing ideas from someone with a different outlook.
    I love the background on your blog, I think it says a lot about you and your career. I am hoping to express myself in the same way!

    ReplyDelete