Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sky Studios, 1c Audio -visual, 2d images, cv

Spent last Friday at sky studios with children from school, absolutely loved it. Children were given different jobs each, Editor, Producer, Director, Camera Man, Script Writer, Presenters etc.. Children were creating a News clip, they selected different types of film and edited it. Film in front of a green screen. Software they used was very simple and children could grasp it straight away. We also got a tour of sky studios and took some photos. Children really loved the filming, but felt it was a little short and would have liked to try different jobs. 

The day did give me a foundation to how I might start my Gifted and Talented club, as I am planning to mix talents E.G a child could have SEN but be talented in art etc... I felt I could teach and expand what the children were taught, even if it is with a 'cheap' camcorder compared to the price of the ones at Sky Studios.  I plan to create different group projects (not just filming) for my club and seeing how they delegated job roles really helped along with other elements of the day, it also gave me ideas of how to plan my club. 

Furthermore I even got a few ideas for my audio visual, because normally I am the one behind the scenes and starting the BAPP is about trying something new, so I very much want to brave the unknown an show an element of me on my audio visual.  

For the last couple of weeks I have been think about my 2d images, as I am not overly keen on Flicker, after seeing my son's photos all over Google. He needed to upload photos when he was applying for University, thinking they were only going on Flicker. The thing is my son is doing a Photography course, so we were not amused. So I might have a look at other image-banks before I embark on Flicker, Flicker is good for advertising though. I have decided to create either few Montages, mood-boards or illustrations that relate to a school/education - thinking I might link them to SENs or Six Thinking Hats that my work place is passionate about. I will continue to update my CV while I complete other tasks, now that it is easier to up-date, my interactive buttons work and I can change and edit them easily.

Tomorrow (Thursday) is World Book Day and dressing up as Book characters is what goes on in the Professional Practice where I work. I am dressing up as Dennis the Menace and I am just about to paint black stripes on a red top. (quick drying paint) 



No comments:

Post a Comment