Monday 18 March 2013

skimming through Part 2 The Reflective Practitioner

Skimming through The Reflective Practitioner, has made me think of a swimming pool of reflection, making me at first want to reach for the float or arm bands to help with the reflection of myself. Knowing I am about to question my own feelings and how I feel about things, predicting the emotions that may come. Then I started to feel the 'softness of the pause' just like I did on 'Induction Day' and felt I didn't need the float or arm bands because the water was no longer too deep and I could walk. I glance at the questions 'What in your daily practice gets you really enthusiastic to find out more about?' 'Who do you admire who also works with what makes you enthusiastic?' 'What do you love about what you do?' As I started to skim through these questions, I started to feel a bubble of fresh air as I started to think about my current practice, I also started to reflect of how I would have felt about a year ago. Would I have felt the bubble of fresh air? What has changed? Is this a bubble of fresh air that would travel with me throughout my practice? Feeling a little apprehensive because it is feeling like a bubble, yet also feeling the warmth of the fresh air that is moving me forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment